Priority goals of the task force include:
- Develop a list of top invasive plants and their assessment scores so we can focus efforts.
- Become a portal for invasive plant management in the state. And contribute to regional and national efforts (such as the Midwest Invasive Plant Network).
- Develop recommendations to influence policy and strategies to influence action to manage invasive plants within Missouri and the Midwest region.
- Track and stop continued distribution of known and future exotic invasive plants.
- Reach new audiences.
- Find sustained, stable funding.
- Determine geographic priority areas for invasive plant control, including education opportunities (high public use areas) and native biodiversity.
- Focus our efforts in a unified front to impact things on the ground; priority geographic areas; agency cooperation and coordination.