Deadline: June 15, 2021
Do you know an individual or group who performs outstanding work related to controlling invasive plant species on property in Missouri? If so, please nominate them for an Invasive Plant Action Award!
Nominations are evaluated by members of the Missouri Invasive Plant Task Force (MoIP), a resource of the Grow Native! program and the Missouri Prairie Foundation.
Awards announcements will be made at in-person or virtual events, to be planned this spring.
– – – – –
- Individual Citizen – (e.g., a private landowner, a corporation, school, or other single entity that has demonstrated progress in reducing invasive plants over at least two years)
- Individual Professional – (e.g., a natural resources professional who has demonstrated progress in reducing invasive plants over at least two years)
- Group Collaborators – a collaborative network (e.g., homeowners, city park, school, business) working together to fight the spread of invasive plants in a particular geographic area that includes multiple landowners.
- Researchers – An individual or group who has published research on invasive plant management.
Our intention for the awards is for a MoIP representative to present the awards at events of the winners’ choice (for example, a municipal or industry conference), so they may be honored in front of their peers and thus lead by example.
– – – – –
Requirements for Individuals and Group Collaborators:
- Self-nomination is allowed.
- Nomination must be submitted by or include a recommendation letter from a natural resources professional (this may include Missouri Department of Conservation Private Land Conservationist, staff of other agencies who work with private landowners, private contractors, or professional staff working for the single landowner)
- 1-page narrative about the “before and after” work of the collaboration or group
- For Group Collaborators, application describes work on multiple properties as part of a group
- Evidence of a long-term invasive plant management plan
- We ask that the nominee(s) has/have been active in their leadership for two or more years.
Requirements for Researchers:
- 1-page description of the nominee’s research, including background, methods, results and discussion, and how this research applies to invasive plant control and management?
- Link to published papers, if available.
– – – – –
Use our online form: Nominate via Google Form.
Download & email form: Download and complete a Microsoft Word nomination form and email to [email protected] with the subject line “MoIP Awards Nomination 2021.” You may also download the PDF.
Deadline: Submit nominations by June 15, 2021.
Please direct questions to the MoIP contract coordinator at [email protected]